Bioclinic-BiolivX (90 caps)
- Specific blend of nutrients and traditional herbs designed to promote healthy liver tissue
- Contains sodium glucuronate, a key nutritional substance used by the liver to bind toxins
- Intense liver support
- Promotes healthy detoxification of liver toxins and hormone excess
- Antioxidant protection neutralizing free radical damage
- Reduces oxidative stress and its effects on the body
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
BioLivX contains a variety of nutrients and herbs with proven benefits for protecting and enhancing hepatic function, as well as supporting detoxification pathways. Sodium glucuronate supports the phase II pathway of detoxification by providing the precursor for glucuronidation. Conjugation of glucuronic acid with a wide variety of functional groups, including hydroxyls, phenols and carboxyls, is mediated in the liver as well as the intestine.
Licorice has been shown to have hepatoprotective effects, including protection against toxins such as carbon tetra-chloride, as well as from free fatty acid excess which accompanies nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Alpha-lipoic acid is a water- and fat-soluble antioxidant, involved in hepatoprotection and cell damage prevention. It has the ability to alter the redox status of cells and interact with thiols, increasing hepatic glutathione content.
Silybin is the most active flavonolignan isomer of silymarin, acting through a number of pathways, including antioxidative, antilipid peroxidative, antifibrotic, anti-inflammatory and liver regenerating mechanisms. It also enhances glucuronidation and protects against glutathione depletion. Schizandra, curcumin, and Panax ginseng are also hepatoprotective, support detoxification pathways and enhance liver function.