Bioclinic-Phosphatidylserine (60 caps)
- Exogenous phosphatidylserine crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it appears to have an affinity for the hypothalamus1
- In the human brain, phosphatidylserine safely slows, halts, or reverses biochemical alterations and structural deterioration in nerve cells2
- Phosphatidylserine has been shown to support the function of neurotransmitters acetylcholine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine in the brain1
- Sharp-PS® GREEN provides a non-genetically modified, 100% soy-free, and safe source of phosphatidylserine derived from sunflower oil
Phosphatidylserine is the most abundant phospholipid in the brain. Along with other phospholipids, phosphatidylserine plays important roles in the structure and fluidity of cell membranes, intercellular communication, and protection of cells from damage produced by free radicals.1,3,4 Due to its presence in the brain, the effects of phosphatidylserine on the central nervous system have been widely studied.5 Importantly, clinical studies suggest that phosphatidylserine supports cognitive functions such as memory, learning, concentration, and vocabulary, which tend to decline with age.6,7,8 In addition to this role in age-related cognitive decline, phosphatidylserine has been used in Alzheimer’s disease,1 attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD),9 depression,10 and improving mental function in young people.
In a double-blind placebo-controlled trial, the combination of phosphatidylserine with DHA showed improvement in cognitive performance in non-demented elderly with memory complaints. Specifically, verbal immediate recall was significantly improved in the treatment group, and post hoc analysis revealed that a subset of participants with relatively good cognitive performance at baseline had significant treatment-associated improvements in immediate and delayed verbal recall, learning abilities, and time to copy a complex figure.11
In the past, commercial sources of phosphatidylserine have been derived from animal sources. However, enhanced technology has enabled the development of a plant-based source of this important nutrient. Phosphatidylserine from Bioclinic Naturals is made from Sharp-PS GREEN, which is derived from non-GMO sunflower oil and is 100% soy-free.
Unopened supplements may be returned to the clinic within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. We do not offer refunds for return shipments.
No refunds for the following once shipped
- omega fatty acids
- food products such as protein powders
Custom blended tinctures
Due to the nature of custom blended tinctures, we cannot offer refunds once purchased as they cannot be restocked.